Blue Sky Farm

My blogging posts and photos are part of me . I think of this as a scrapbook of my life. The names have not been changed.. they are real people who have crossed my path along my journey. Some I know intimately, my family and friends. If their names are mentioned it's a sure sign they are special to me and I love them dearly...come along see for yourself, perhaps you know some of them too..

December 3, 2008

Foggy this morning and cold

Brrrr! 28 degrees and really Foggy. No Birdies at the feeder yet...
I am working on my quilt project this morning and make some more French Salad dressing. Maybe get to a fudge recipe....

I moved the sewing machine into the kitchen.
Much more light and close to the carmels. Not really, I hid them and put some in a few gifts to family...(Nancy I don't think I put any in yours.).. but the coffee pot is in here and I can see outside watch the birdies and any wandering deer.
I have candles burning and it really smells nice inhere too.

I have 1/2 of my quilt project finished. It is going to be a tote to carry & store my quilt cutting matt & all of my rulers. I wanted to do a runner, and now that I have made 6 different blocks I can do that. This class was a beginners class and I did learn a few short cuts. I will be machine quilting the tote. Classes are Monday's. We will put it together & finish up the 15th of Dec.
I probably would not have done this project, but I did learn how to cut with a roller cutter and a new block each week. The class was only $35 but the supplies I did not have are adding up..
I need to go to Joann's and use a dicount coupon for some tacky fabric adhesive before I finish.
Perhaps that will be a trip to town today later....

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I love the quilt. What an awesome job. I wish I could quilt. Maybe someday.
Ruth

Unknown said...

That's so pretty!

Heather
Heather's Stitches

Dennis Vander Houwen said...

Nice work on the quilt. Remember the two golden rules of all costume shops... needles are sharp and Don't drop the Ginghers!