Blue Sky Farm

My blogging posts and photos are part of me . I think of this as a scrapbook of my life. The names have not been changed.. they are real people who have crossed my path along my journey. Some I know intimately, my family and friends. If their names are mentioned it's a sure sign they are special to me and I love them dearly...come along see for yourself, perhaps you know some of them too..

April 20, 2009

All in a Good Gardening day

It started with these three salvaged old wood posts used for steps down to the garden site. My dear friend Gail & I worked our tails off today hauling, planning, & planting . It was a gorgeous sunny day. The dirt was delivered and my wonderful husband and the neighbor spread it out on my garden site with his tractor and we planted 6 rows of potatoes, 3 rows of peas and 2 rows of beets. More vegetable seeds & plants to be added .
We found some old corral posts in the pasture area next to our property and hauled them to the back yard, cut them to length and worked them into the terraced yard where they step down to the garden level. Now to keep the chickens out, tomorrow thats the task at hand as we decide what kind of fencing to put around the garden. It will be a project in the making as we landscape the back yard. Picture of work in progress will follow. For today we are stopping while I rest my tired muscles after a nice refreshing shower & a cold beer. Clay & I will be making a trip to towntomorrow in search of the perfect flowers & trees next to plant...


No comments: