Blue Sky Farm

My blogging posts and photos are part of me . I think of this as a scrapbook of my life. The names have not been changed.. they are real people who have crossed my path along my journey. Some I know intimately, my family and friends. If their names are mentioned it's a sure sign they are special to me and I love them dearly...come along see for yourself, perhaps you know some of them too..

August 18, 2009

Diary of my long short day

Exhaling! ahhhhhhhhhhh
Ever had one of those days when you start something late and it takes all day to accomplish? After getting a late morning start this morning (8:00) Yes I slept in... drank my morning coffee and looked over the list of things I hoped to accomplish today... Checking them off as I completed them. Wondering do you do this? Well any ways, I managed to jump right into my domestic goddess apron, Yes I changed from my pajamas to shorts & top first, it was kinda hot today. Brushed my teeth and went to collect eggs (6 today.) Fed the girls & the quail, and returned to read my email... Of course it was on the list.
Then I put a load, no two loads of laundry in to wash & hung to dry. I love to hang my clothes.
Back to the list.... sat for 15 minutes and drank a iced coffee while thumbing through recipes for the calimari I plan to cook tonight, and eggplant... Pickled the beets I cooked yesterday, boy the house smells nice.... then decided to rearrange my cookbooks, since a new one came today Thank you Mr UPS, and Amazon used books..."Julia & Jacques Cooking at Home". Quickly thumbed through it marking a couple pages.... continued checking off the list, discarded old spices and rearranged them in my cupboard moving into the pantry re arranged all my canned goods on the shelves when I realized its nearly 4Pm and its hot inside & outside, turned on A/C and fan.. Checking if I smell as bad as I think I do or if its the combination of cumin and garlic powder spilled in the drawer... My goodness how did I get on that subject?... I hurried outside took all the laundry off the line & folded it as I did... hauled the huge over flowing basket of Fresh air scented clothes & towels in and put them away... and now my followers I am sitting with my list almost all checked off... gotta get the dinner started and realized I didnt eat breakfast or lunch.. I only had a few bits of cheese & a few bites of summer sausage. ( took them off Clays lunch plate.. am I running on fumes from dinner last night? It has a long busy short day and I still have 6 hours before my bedtime... do I have time to shower? I think that would be a good idea... It's kinda hot & smelly here....and shoot maybe I will put on my jammies early they are sunshine fresh.... and have a glass of chilled wine, and a snack before dinner..... yes, thats what I am thinking.....

1 comment:

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Cheryl! Enjoyed my visit on your wonderful blog! You live a good life!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee
Farmgirl Sister #44