Blue Sky Farm

My blogging posts and photos are part of me . I think of this as a scrapbook of my life. The names have not been changed.. they are real people who have crossed my path along my journey. Some I know intimately, my family and friends. If their names are mentioned it's a sure sign they are special to me and I love them dearly...come along see for yourself, perhaps you know some of them too..

April 26, 2010

Hanging out there

Monday morning  Laundry day...Warm breeze, partially sunny means I am hanging out my first laundry this Spring.. shhh   don't tell Mother Nature this  she thinks it is still  winter here ...I can't wait any longer to be hanging my clothes to dry in the sunshine. They smell so good when they are dry.. and clean. What true farmgirl  wouldn't agree? Some people don't like the neighbors seeing their "laundry hanging out" but not me.. and it really never mattered to me, I hung my clothes out when I lived in town... I just hid the "old stretched out & torn undies" between the rows of nice white towels & sheets..pretty nightwear.... I do have some pride....

3 comments:

Junebug said...

My neighbors can't see my clothes line so I just let it all hang out!!! I love the smell of fresh clothes drying outside. We are suppose to get showers off and on the rest of the week. That Mother Nature just doesn't want to cooperate! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE line dried sheets and clothes, but we have too many birds around for safe hanging, if you know what I mean. When we lived in Texas I hung laundry often and it dried in no time. Call me crazy but I think hanging laundry is relaxing :)

mtnchild said...

I hope all your laundry dried yesterday since today is messy ... Now I need to do laundry, but I think I can wait for sunny weather so I don't have to use the dryer.

Happy Tuesday
Yvette