Blue Sky Farm

My blogging posts and photos are part of me . I think of this as a scrapbook of my life. The names have not been changed.. they are real people who have crossed my path along my journey. Some I know intimately, my family and friends. If their names are mentioned it's a sure sign they are special to me and I love them dearly...come along see for yourself, perhaps you know some of them too..

October 22, 2010

Home Sweet Home


I Love my Home. It feels so good to come back to when  my traveling takes me to interesting places. ( even if it's for only a few days) Yes, I am headed back to Washington  next Monday. To help out my mom, She is home from the hospital and although doing quite well,  I need to be there to make sure she has everything in order.It's part of being  the oldest daughter.. She has just returned to her home sweet home herself from a few days in the hospital. She has a few blood clots in her lungs and although feeling better,  I feel I must do a check up on her . You know how it is... don't you? Winter is coming and there are a few details that I would feel better  knowing she is well on her way to recovery. I will only be away a week.... and  My daughter Nancy will return to her Home Sweet Home for a few days as well and I will get to see her too...before she leaves again for Italy ( Business related through her job.)Once I return to my little nest, I am going to get started with some sewing, crocheting and settle into the fall with some cooking too.. I have been away from My Sweet Home much too long.. Do you feel this way too? Summer was very busy for me this year and it will be nice to stay home for a few weeks, Thanksgiving will be upon us shortly too and we have travel plans to share it with some of Clay's family... So I must get busy .. and start those projects I have been putting off... and I know It will be great to be settled into my home once again.

5 comments:

Verde Farm said...

I hope your mom is doing great. I know what you mean--checking on her is a must. Enjoy your daughter too. :)
Amy

Anonymous said...

Glad your mom is on the mend.

I'm with you. I love my travels, but love to come home and just BE. I have two trips, almost back to back that drops me right into a baby shower I'm hosting, all within the next 3 weeks. I love the getaways but oh, am I so glad to get home, between my own flannel sheets with my own kitchen and bathroom.

I think I'm a homebody at heart.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Cheryl, it is so sweet of you to care for your mom. What a lovingly beautiful way to say you care...:)JP

Gail said...

Travel safe and give my best to your mom. When you get home we'll have to get together and maybe bake some cookies and sit down for tea.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Hope your mom will keep improving. Yes, I can relate to your words that you have written. I have just taken on a new job 7 months ago...........after years of being a stay at home wife and mother. How much I long to be home like I used to be.......stitching and cooking the day away. Enjoy your time when you get to settle down into your own nest! blessings,Kathleen