Blue Sky Farm

My blogging posts and photos are part of me . I think of this as a scrapbook of my life. The names have not been changed.. they are real people who have crossed my path along my journey. Some I know intimately, my family and friends. If their names are mentioned it's a sure sign they are special to me and I love them dearly...come along see for yourself, perhaps you know some of them too..

September 13, 2011

Let the canning season begin






Well here  was my first preserving of Dilly beans. Only 5 pints  ready but I am sure more will be calling to be put up  this week. I planted heirloom tomatoes this year and I have been eating them as they ripen. They are so much better tasting than others I have planted. Basil is ready to be made into pesto too. The hens were out in the yard today feasting on  yard bugs & grubs. They are all laying now and I am getting 3-4 eggs a day. They are such good girls..So I let them out into the yard for an afternoon treat.


.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Junebug said...

Thanks for stopping by and your beans look yummy. My beans didn't cooperate with my vacation so I blanched them and put them up in freezer bags. We will see how I like them this year. I'm thinking of going to pick some apple soon at my sisters and make some applesauce and apple pie filling. Oh, I just love this time of the year. Are your farm chicks coming this way for that festival? Take care and happy canning!

Always Nesting said...

Oh how I wish I knew how to can! Those tomatoes look soooo good.When we went to Yakima to help daughter move they are famous for their peaches so I made freezer jam but it came out runny :(

Just wanted you to know, also, that I'm not going to keep the always nesting facebook page. It's taking too much of my time and I'd rather just be working on my blog and Pinterest. Seems like I always have more good intentions than I do hours in the day.

Little Penpen said...

I canned a little back when my kids were young. I guess I did it more for 'fun' than anything. I would like to get back into canning one day. There is such a sense of satisfaction when you see your canned goods all lined up, so clean and so pretty! Your chicks are going great, too... you are such a farm woman. I love to look at farm wife blogs!

Always Nesting said...

It's Meeeee :) Our daughter moved to Yakima. Her sweet young hubby is a youth pastor at a church in Yakima.