Blue Sky Farm

My blogging posts and photos are part of me . I think of this as a scrapbook of my life. The names have not been changed.. they are real people who have crossed my path along my journey. Some I know intimately, my family and friends. If their names are mentioned it's a sure sign they are special to me and I love them dearly...come along see for yourself, perhaps you know some of them too..

September 6, 2012

Travel,Travel and More Travel..


I suppose, one might say  that I am being spoiled.. I love being retired and travel is one of my favorite things to do.  (and it is true.)   I am getting excited about the upcoming travel opportunities! First to Australia to visit with my daughter Nancy and her husband Simon. They have been working and living  in Melbourne for over a year and have paid for my trip for my 65th birthday.. How sweet is that?

I have never been there and with all the things m daughter has planned I will not forget this adventure. we will be also flying to Hamilton Island for a week while there, just the two of us.. exploring the Barrier Reef..

Back, When I turned 60  my two daughters Nancy, Pj and daughter in law Michelle went to San Francisco and spent three days. I thought that was a fabulous adventure..just the "girls".  Wow!  I am so blessed.

When I return after this adventure the first week of November, I rest up for a couple weeks and  will be back in the air the day before Thanksgiving... This time to Hawaii..with my sister in law Jackie... for 10 lovely warm days in November. Her air miles paid for both our flights..how sweet is that?  I am really going to enjoy the time with her too.. Our husbands are going to remain at home keeping those warm fires burning.. while we are warmed by the sun... Its quite a job I am finding  figuring  out what clothes I will need to pack.. Spring in Australia .. tropical weather in Hawaii...  I am truly a lucky lady to have the time and a husband so supportive of my adventures.. I will  be posting many pictures when I return.. Can you think of a better way to end the year? Just think of all the Christmas shopping I can do..
Have you got travel plans coming up?  Need to get out the packing list...
Good day my mates and Aloha too..

1 comment:

Junebug said...

Wow, what fun are you going to have? Two great adventures to look forward to. Okay, I tried but I can't fit into your suitcase, diet, diet and maybe by Hawaii. LOL You have a blast and I'm already looking forward to your pictures!!!